Job Title: Driver (22 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: UWA Headquarters (Kampala) / Field-Based, Uganda
Reports to: Transport Officer / Warden Engineer Mechanical
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is: “To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for driving Organizational vehicles, ensuring their safety and routine maintenance
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep the assigned vehicles free from damage and in good running condition.
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean consistently.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always parked in a proper and safe condition prior and during use, and accept responsibility to promptly report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
- Drive the vehicle as instructed.
- Ensure the vehicle is well serviced.
- Ensure the safety of vehicle passengers and contents.
- Prepare monthly and periodic reports on vehicle status and recommendations for repair and maintenance.
- Comply with Traffic Regulations and procedures.
- Keep and have safe custody of the vehicle documents and keys.
- Ensure that the vehicle is fueled at all times, have correct levels of lubricants and that tyres have the recommended pressure level at all times.
- Carry out any other official duties assigned by their supervisor from time to time and any other legible responsibility as assigned to them by their superiors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must either hold an O or A-level school certificate with at least 4 passes at O level.
- A valid Driving Permit minimum class CM.
- A copy of a Certificate of good conduct is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of accident free pro reputable Organization.
- Age: Below 45 years
- Time management
- Planning, organising and coordinating
- Customer care
- Ethics and integrity
- Concern for quality and standards
- Time management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) competent referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of academic documents and relevant appointment letters to the address below:
The Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority
Plot 7 Kira Road Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530, Kampala Uganda
Hand deliver to the Conservation Area nearest to you i.e. Headquarters, Lake Mburo (Minekye), Kidepo Valley (Geremech), Murchison Falls (Mubako), Kibale (Isunga), Queen Elizabeth(Katunguru), Mt. Elgon(Mbale) and Bwindi Mgahinga(Buhoma).
- Applicants are required to attach valid driving permits and copies of the required academic documents only i.e, (Certificates and Transcripts including O and A level).
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not less than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 26th March 2021 at 5.00 pm.