Company: SOS Children’s Villages
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
(Job Ref: SOS-UG/JOBS/2021/02)
SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non- governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities. Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position;
ACCOUNTANT– NATIONAL OFFICE (1)
Job Purpose: The National Accountant reports directly to the Head of Finance and ensures that income, expenditures and property of SOS Children’s Villages Uganda are well accounted for through keeping of proper and updated accounts of all financial and property transactions of SOS-CV Uganda. Coordinating the Planning and Budgeting for the National Office. Supports the auditing of accounts by internal and external auditors. The National Accountant is responsible also for the overall administration of the budget and projects at of SOS National Office. .
Job Specifications: Priority tasks & responsibilities
• Management of Receivable/Payables (Charging specific expense codes for batched payments, Validation of staff/KIPS-CBO accountabilities into Navision, Update of payable/receivable ledgers and carrying out timely reconciliations and issuing invoices appropriately).
• Fixed Assets Register/Book Keeping (Update the registers with all organization Assets, Reconciliation of system and manual register, Physical verification of all Assets, Prepare status reports for all organization assets, Process insurance of organizational assets, Naming/labelling of assets and update of the fixed assets files).
• Payroll management (Receive and Input of monthly payroll adjustments for HRD office, Custodian of payroll adjustments and reports, Preparation of staff salaries, Sharing of pay slips for all locations, Generation and validation of monthly journals).
• Budget management (Follows-up the timely submission and cconsolidation of NO budget from all functional departments, Validation of budget data into the system, Monitoring of the budget burn rates, Review of expense from NO budget, Charge different expense codes as per the budget, Monitoring of restricted funds/ Budgets for projects with no Accountant and provision of all the necessary financial information including approved budgets, monthly and quarterly financial statements for good and effective financial management).
• Payments and Cash flow Management (Checks appropriateness of requests for payments before processing payments for NO and All locations which are managed centrally, Controls cash and bank accounts, reconciles bank account with bank statement, Validation of monthly finance data, Reconciliation of NO/Project bank account. Supervision and validation of NO petty cash account, Filling and payment of monthly returns and conducts financial forecasts and risk analysis, prepares and submit monthly cash flow forecasts to the Head of Finance by the agreed deadline dates and follow them up to obtain timely feedback).
• A loving home for every child
• Bank relationship and transaction management (Monitor of bank balances, manage bank communications between SOS and banks, Carry on agency role between bank and organization, Manage internet banking services).
• Post and process all journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded and prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all the bank accounts
• Checks completeness and appropriateness of supporting documents of both income and expenditure transactions, codes, documents for account recording, ensures timely recording of all transactions.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements with analysis by the 7th day of the incoming month or quarter to support timely decision making at all levels, directs, coordinates and executes inventory taking at National Office
• Supports the balancing and closing of accounts and drafting of annual financial statements.
• Supports auditing of accounts by internal and external auditors.
• The jobholder will also Interpret financial policies, regulations and follow internal controls ensuring that staff are well versed with such policies and guidelines in their day to day work.
• Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports on strategic plan implementation, budget status, facility requirements and other project requirements to initiate timely decision making.
• Regularly monitor collection and control of revenues by ensuring that revenues, cash and donations are receipted and banked in time, revenue from projects are collected and properly recorded and reconciliation of fees is prepared at the end of every term
• Carries out and performs other similar duties as assigned by the Head of Finance
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance and Accounting.
• Should have completed Level II Qualification of ACCA or CPA
• Minimum 6 Years relevant working experience.
• Must be familiar working with Navision Accounting Package.
• A mature individual aged between 25 – 35 years
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Computer Skills with familiarity using accounting software packages.
• Planning and Organizational skills
• Leadership skills
• IT Skills and familiarity with any accounting computer software
• Excellent organizing skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Team Work
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Monday 22nd March 2021
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.