Job Title: Administrative Assistant (3 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Duty Station: Jinja, Mbarara and Gulu, Uganda
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda is implementing a five-year Local Service Delivery (HIV/AIDS) Activity supported by USAID to be implemented in three USAID regions of Uganda (Gulu, Mbarara, Jinja). The project will support private not-for-profit (PNFP) sites to address gaps through optimization of high yielding HIV Testing and Counseling Services approaches, improved retention and viral suppression, provision of HIV/TB care and treatment, scale up services to reach men and key populations, strengthen the PNFP institutional capacity and quality for sustainable service delivery and contribute to Uganda’s efforts in reaching and maintaining epidemic control.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide finance, administrative and secretarial support for the project activities in the regional project office. He/she will participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets, account for all the project field funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment. H/she will develop a database of contact information; maintain distribution lists for various kinds of project communication and schedule all project meetings; attend and take minutes as appropriate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets
- Develop monthly schedules to allocate use of vehicles
- Supervise the drivers
- Support in the management of project resources such as human resources, vehicles among others
- Assist with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage
- Managing inventory of assets and supplies, monitoring critical level of stocks, sourcing for suppliers and submitting invoice
- Coordinating between operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Ensure timely communication between UPMB and the benefiting facilities under LSDA activity
- Ensure timely compilation of Timesheets from staff and facilities both original and copies
- Compile MHFs staff information and ensure safe custody of documents
- Work with IT to update HRIS
- Provide support in the preparation of workshops and seminars
- Conduct routine verification of UPMB/project assets and file reports of the same.
- Submit timely accountability of fuel to enable fuel reloading
- Work with the IT office to ensure that all equipment is duly maintained
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, BBA, HRM
- A minimum of three years of working in experience
- Accounting and book keeping skills
- Experience in logistics management
- Computer Knowledge and skills
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Communication skills and ability to speak the local languages.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with the health care workers in the region as a team and provide timely feedback.
- High level integrity and honesty
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to apply hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV naming at least two referees, to:
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo
P.O. Box 4127