Job Title: Civil Engineer
Organisation: Kikagati Power Company Limited (KPCL)
Duty Station: Kikagati, Isingiro District, Site Based position, Uganda
Reports to: KPCL Project Manager and Civil Manager
Kikagati Power Company Limited (KPCL) is set to construct a 14MW hydropower plant on the Kagera river that marks the border between the Republic of Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania. The project is located within Nyakayojo village, Kikagati Town Council, Isingiro district in Uganda and Murongo village, Murongo ward, Kyerwa District in Kagera region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Harmonise Project technical compliance with relevant local authorities.
- Inspect, supervise, and monitor EPC contractor/subcontractor quality and performance.
- Responsible for Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance of contractors and the project for the Civils department generally.
- Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment, and construction/installation activities on site.
- Ensure respect of the technical specification and approved drawings at site
- Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Control Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Checks the preparation of foundations.
- Checks the correct preparation of reinforcements.
- Checks the certifications regarding element mixes. ASTM and other applicable tests, chemical analysis, grain size analysis.
- Monitors all aspects of pouring operations.
- Monitors correct curing operations.
- Checks the sampling operations (when required).
- Reviews the laboratory examination results.
- Checks sub-grade dry density.
- Checks moisture content.
- Checks compression strength test.
- Checks after execution of costing.
- Checks after concrete pouring.
- Checks materials quality (wire, fitting etc.).
- Verifies special processes and the relevant workers’ qualifications.
- Orderly collect, check and manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections carried out witnessing the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
- Check the conformity with the Quality Control Plan and obtain the relevant documentation.
- Check the documents certifying the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan according to Clients requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable institution.
- At least five years of experience in construction
- Fluency in English (written and oral).
- Previous experience in hydro power construction.
How to Apply:
Applications should be emailed to Procurement@berkeley-energy.ug, addressed to the “The Project Manager”, include the application letter and updated CV (in pdf format) with at least 2 references. Only candidates who meet the required specifications will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 4th September 2020 by 5:00pm.