Job Title: CMR & Logistics Officer
Organisation: British Council
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Job Summary: The CMR & Logistics Officer will mainly support the safe handling in accordance with compliance standards, of confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location. This includes movement and activities related to the primary storage area known as the Confidential Materials Room (CMR).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of the responsibilities of this role would include providing support to the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR), ensuring British Council standards are met.
- You will receive and respond to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility.
- You will ensure adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carry out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- You will also be responsible to check and manage courier SLA/performance standards and build relationship with courier service provider in country.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the British Council CMR & Logistics Officer job opportunity will need to possess the following requirements:
- Experience in identifying and minimizing risk
- Experience in compliance environment
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy operational environment, delivering to standard
- Track record of working in a tightly controlled process driven environment
- Experience of supporting delivery of computer-based exams
NB: The ideal candidate should have experience of operations delivery in a fast-paced work environment, and clear understanding of supporting the setup of operations, while embedding new processes and ways of working. This is a sensitive role and will require high levels if confidentiality and strong attention to details to mitigate risk.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online through the British Council online application system at the link below.
Deadline: 17th February 2021