About the Role: GOAL is currently seeking to hire a highly qualified professional to join our Young Africa Works in Uganda: Markets for Youth team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic International NGO. If you have first class experience in communications, and you are a creative and dynamic personality, you are the one we are looking for!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone who:
- Finds fulfillment in developing and implementing a communication and branding strategy, and marketing of the program and overall communications efforts.
- Exceptional writer. Writing is a key aspect of the job and you know how to tell a story. You will be tasked to transform research reports and other program documents into lively, attractive products as blogs, newsletters, photo journals, stories, press materials and briefs.
- Being a social media nerd. You develop and manage our program social media outlets and website. You know what young people are interested in but can easily switch to more formal audiences as our Donor.
- Paying attention to detail. We want someone who is creative and punctual. Who has a very sharp eye for detail. You strive for perfection: double and triple check texts and graphics before they go out to ensure that there are no errors. This is key to success in this role.
- Being a collaborator. You bring a positive, solutions focused attitude to work every day. This means that you reflect our values and share your positivity with your colleagues. You coordinate and collaborate with colleagues – both nationally as well as internationally, private sector partners, government institutions, donor, and academic fora. You liaise with our global communications team in Dublin.
- Most of all you bring a positive, can-do attitude. The team members work hard and with a lot of energy and commitment; we want our colleagues to share in our successes and celebrations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Postgraduate degree in communications, journalism, or related, relevant subject
- 7 years + work experience and at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in Communication component of a donor – funded project, private enterprise, or media house.
- Experience with projects that use a Making Markets Work for the Poor approach (M4P) is desirable.
- Experience with social media: Facebook, twitter, website development and creative design is a must.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel, creative design software)
- Ability to prioritize, implement, and deliver high-quality work within tight timelines and with minimal supervision
- Excellent and demonstrable communication and presentation skills in English (written and spoken)
- Experience collaborating and working with both private and public sectors and academic institutions is a pro.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and build relationships with team members and partners from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time from base
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a range of background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 3 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference) and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title ‘Communications Coordinator’ in the subject line by 27th November 2020. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 27th November 2020