Job Title: Community Services Assistant (8 Fresher Job Careers)
Organization: ALIGHT (American Refugee Committee)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Community Services Officer
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Community Services Officer the Community Services Assistant will be responsible for empowering Persons with Special Needs to enhance Quality and healthy life for sustainability development. He / she will also be responsible for community involvement and ownership to enhance sustainability and empowerment of Refugees in the Settlement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective and efficient community development participation and ownership as an activity in the Refugee settlement
- Responsible for training and empowering community leaders for self-management.
- Carry out and support all outreach activities in the Refugees settlement such as mobilization, sensitization, counseling etc for Refugee to realize full potentials and build on self-mechanism.
- Responsible for effective and efficient follow up of individual cases of beneficiaries for support
- Conduct community leaders meetings including planning meetings, AGDM Verification and Needs assessment.
- Take the lead in all community mobilization during meetings, sensitizations, campaigns organized by ALIGHT and any IPs in the settlement
- Provide psycho social counseling services to all PoCs in need and provide referrals
- Organize weekly community incentive workers’ meetings to discuss activity progress, lesson learnt and challenges and forge way forward in different zones of the settlement
- Be in charge of organizing, mobilizing and facilitating international events days in the settlement such as Women days, World Refugees days, Youth days, 16 days of activism etc.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports to be submitted to the supervisor.
- Conduct strategic development and empowerment village informational meetings with the RWC leaders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ALIGHT Community Services Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Community Psychology, Education, Development studies
- At least two years of working experience in Community Development services with an INGO
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th November 2020