Job Title: Consortium MEAL Manager
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kampala – Uganda
Reports to: Consortium Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background, or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination, and responsibility.
This position is coordinated by Act Church of Sweden under the Mutual and Inter-related Resilience Program (MIRP) through a consortium with 3 International organizations (ACF, NRC and LWF). The overall objective of the consortium is to; to enhance the economic self-reliance, psychosocial well-being and resilience of target communities (including both refugee and host communities of Kikuube district).
The Consortium MEAL Manager (CMM is the lead in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems for the consortium various sectors. The post involves coordination with project management teams within the consortium, in line with donor reporting requirements and Act Church of Sweden guidelines, policies, and best practices.
FCA Uganda is now looking for competent persons to fill the position for MIRP project.
Job Summary: The Consortium Meal Manager (CMM) is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation plan of the consortium work and oversees data collection and analysis from the consortium members regarding the progress in achieving the expected results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Consortium MEAL Coordinator (CMC) is the lead in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems for the consortium various sectors. The post involves coordination with project management teams within the consortium, in line with donor reporting requirements and Act Church of Sweden guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Based on approved workplans and donor reporting requirements, develop and strengthen the monitoring system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”; regularly obtain valid and reliable information.
- Participate in generating draft quarterly project reports and share with the project managers of the implementing partners for further review and final submission to Consortium Manager.
- Ensure roll-out of M&E plan and reporting systems to all consortium implementing partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed, working closely with the Consortium Manager and the consortium team leaders within implenting partners.
- Ensure data capture and reporting systems are well understood and properly implemented by staff and other stakeholders.
- Assist consortium management teams to maintain and follow an updated Accountability Framework and Complaints Handling Mechanism, consistent with Act Church of Sweden Complaint handling.
- Ensure regular reviews of the M&E system, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with team leaders and relevant staff of the consortium partners.
- Actively participate in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and use of data for reporting and planning purposes. Keep record of information obtained during research and documentation (database of information, hard files, etc.) as well as have confidentiality and protection of collected information.
- The CMM ensures development of a centralized monitoring tool which is to be applied and followed by the consortium members.
- The CMM collaborates with consortium M&E units from implementing partners in collection of data and follow up results and indicators. He/ She consolidates monitoring and follow up reports related to the progress of results and indicators achievement from implementing partners to be consolidated and submit to Consortium Programme Manager in an efficient and timely manner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field and a postgraduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation.
- Advanced training in M&E and quantitative methodologies plus database management will be strong added advantage.
- 6 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation work
- Demonstrated ability to design, commission and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, including knowledge of Kobo Collect
- Ability to apply social monitoring methodologies such as PRA
- Understand and adhere to international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. CHS, SPHERE, Red Cross/Crescent Code of Conduct, etc).
- Excellent strategic planning skills as well as analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to think critically and creatively; and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks efficiently.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Communication skills both in writing and verbally (English)
- Experience of working in both Humanitarian and long-term development sectors will be added advantage
- Openness and flexibility
- Initiative and pro-activeness
- Ability to focus, be reliable and work with integrity
- Affinity with the Act Church of Sweden and FCA values
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates send a cover letter and CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office.
P.O. Box 21826 Kampala,
Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close,
Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda.
Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks”
Deadline: Friday 17th March 2021