Job Title: Credit Officer (Several Job Opportunities)
Organisation: KRAY Microfinance Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KRAY Microfinance Limited is a micro-finance institution established in 2012. We are licensed and regulated by Uganda Micro-finance Regulatory Authority. We offer loans, investment and other financial services.
Job Summary: The Credit Officers will be responsible for marketing and preparation of customer loan applications, assessing their creditworthiness, generally managing customer relationships, their loan portfolio as guided by the institution’s Credit policies and annual operating plan. Interested applicants should be willing to work in any of the following locations: Namugongo, Kyaliwajjala, Kireka, Nakulabye, Kasubi, Nansana, Namungoona, Ntinda, Bwaise, Kawaala,
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loan mobilization: Supports all effort in the area of operation to grow assets by participating in mobilization campaigns, scheduling meetings for potential loan applicants to obtain information on loans, and answering questions about the process, available loan types, or credit options that are available including the terms and conditions governing borrowing.
- Appraising loan files: Analyses loan applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine the feasibility of granting loans to be submitted to the credit committee in compliance with the set loan standards of the institution.
- Presents & defends loan file to the branch Credit committee: responsible for presenting client’s loan files and defending them with facts, business cases and analysed information to support a credit decision to be reached by the credit committee
- Loan compliance: Conducts monitoring (daily) of client’s loan performance in line with agreed terms and conditions of the loan and per set credit policy and procedures at Kray to guarantee a qualitative loan portfolio for the institution.
- Reporting: Undertakes reporting (day- to day) on all client loan compliances, non-compliances, incidents arising out of bad loans, and trends in loan repayments as well as any feedback to support a qualitative portfolio.
- Loan recovery efforts: Provides the leadership regarding recoveries in the area/portfolio of operation by being accountable for client loan application process, analysis, and the subsequent decisions thereof. This includes monitoring of loan performance and reporting, KYC/AML procedures of the client, loan collateral, and recovery procedures that may arise out of poor loan management.
- Loan documentation: Responsible for collecting, receiving, completing, and updating all client loan files with loan information as and when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration. Certification in Credit Analysis is preferable
- SIX (6) MONTHS of EXPERIENCE in credit processes and management will be an added advantage
- Possesses strong analytical skills, planning and organizing ability.
- Has excellent business acumen.
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
- Females are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
The CV should include your telephone contacts, contacts & email address of 3 referees.
Your email subject line should include your name & job applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 15th July 2022