Organisation: Integrated Community Based Development (ICOBAD)
Duty Station: Kampala (16 Jobs), Jinja (3 Jobs), Wakiso (16 Jobs), Mukono (5 Jobs), Mbale (4 Jobs), Gulu (3 Jobs), Kabale (4 Jobs), Katakwi (2 Jobs), Arua (5 Jobs), Namutumba (2 Jobs), Mityana (3 Jobs), Kalungu (2 Jobs), Kasese (5 Jobs), Kotido (1 Job), Katakwi (2 Jobs), Busia (2 Jobs), Alebtong (2 Jobs), Masindi (2 Jobs), Uganda
Integrated Community Based Development (ICOBAD) is implementing a 5-year program on Improving Sexual Reproductive Health Outcomes in Uganda with funding from USAID.
Job Summary: ICOBAD seeks to hire suitable candidates for the positions of Research Assistants who will be field based in the 10 regions of Uganda. The study districts and the required number of research assistants are listed here; Wakiso (16), Kalungu (2) Mukono (5), Mityana (3), Jinja (3), Namutumba (2), Mbale (4), Busia (2), Kumi (2), Kampala (14), Gulu (3), Alebtong (2), Kasese (5), Masindi (2), Kotido (1), Kabale (4), Katawi (2), Arua (5). The successful candidates will be reporting to the Field Team Supervisors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform household data collection activities including administering informed consent, conducting and completing interviews in accordance with the study protocol
- Answer study related questions that the respondents may ask before or during the course of data collection
- Ensuring data collected from the field is correctly saved in the existing databases on the allotted server
- Provide the research supervisor with daily field updates on data collection and participate in the development of daily field report Perform any other duties relevant to this position as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must at least hold a diploma in humanities and related fields from a recognized higher institution of learning.
- Applicants should have demonstrated experience with collecting data using tablets/phones uploaded with ODK system
- Experience of conducting household interviews, mapping and listing selected enumeration areas.
- Should be fluent in reading, writing and speaking any of the following languages: Ngakarimojong, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Runyankole-Rukiga, Runyoro-Rutoro, Lugisu and Lusoga, Ateso, lukonjo and Kiswahili.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be willing to work beyond official working hours
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should submit their application to the Human Resource Coordinator Integrated Community Based Development (ICOBAD) P.O Box 70983 Clock Tower Kampala, via the email. email@example.com indicating what they have in regard to minimum qualifications/requirements, and proficiency in any of the local languages prevalent in the study area. In addition, they should attach official copies of academic transcripts/certificates and updated curriculum vitae stating at least two referees. Please provide a reliable 24-hour phone contact and WhatsApp line if different. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 26th March 2021 at 05:00 Pm