- Company: Uganda Development and Health Associates
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities where we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA seeks to fill the positions below in anticipation of a sub Grant award to implement the HIV/TB activities supported by the Global Fund through THE AIDS Support Organization (TASO) Uganda, the Second Principal recipient of the Global Fund , UDHA will be a Sub Recipient(SR) of TASO Uganda for third cycle of the New Funding Model (NFM3) for the period 2021 to 2023. The Grants aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Job Title: Driver
No of Vacancy: 1
Reports to: Administrative Assistant .
The Driver is responsible for the provision of Transport and Courier services for the UDHA team in operation areas. The Driver will transport UDHA staff and visitors on all official travel; and provide prompt delivery and collection of mail/documents as required. The driver will also be responsible for ensuring proper management of assets entrusted to him/her
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Transportation of project personnel, organization authorized officials and persons, and materials to specified destinations.
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance to ensure that the vehicles are in neat and clean conditions. Identify and report any non-routine problems or malfunctioning of the vehicles.
• Conform to all traffic laws and regulations governing the operation applicable to motorized transport in Uganda.
• Ensure security of the vehicle and keep accurate systematic log of journeys made, distances covered and odometer readings in respect of vehicle service and fuel refills.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Required Qualiﬁcations, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold at least a Uganda Ordinary Level Certificate, plus a Valid Ugandan Driving License with all classes.
• Knowledge of basic first aid and qualifications in defensive driving will be an added advantage.
• A certificate in motor vehicle mechanics will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ working experience in similar role, preferably with an International NGO/NGO
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
• Ability to drive long distance and for long hours.
• Ability to work ﬂexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
• Team-oriented, ﬂexible and keen to take initiative
How to Apply
For details of the job requirements please go to: https://udhauganda.org/udha-external-job-advert/
Please provide a detailed CV that demonstrates the job requirements specified, academic qualifications, employment experience including current position, and contact details of at least two referees preferably from previous or current employments.
All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents of not more than 2GB addressed as below to: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com
The Executive Officer Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) P. O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Closing date: 09-April-2021 by 5:00pm
Note: UDHA is an equal opportunity employer therefore Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In case you have the relevant qualifications and experience required, please submit your application to the address below.
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification. UDHA takes no responsibility of any costs by applicants that apply for any of the positions advertised here.