Job Title: Driver
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. The group was founded in 1973 and initially called the Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynaecology and Obstetrics, but is now referred to simply as Jhpiego.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Admin Officer, the Project Driver will provide logistical/transport/ office support for the Jhpiego office. This includes maintaining office vehicle(s), ensuring that the vehicle policies are adhered to, driving, and assisting with other office duties. S/he will maintain vehicle mileage and related records as required by Jhpiego policies. S/he will maintain any storage for program related items, equipment and other materials and assets in the stores etc. S\he is expected to be flexible and work longer than normal office hours when in the field and departing/arriving from the field. This is a contract position and is renewable annually based on availability of funding and scope of work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving Jhpiego’s office vehicle(s) on official trips as necessary
- Ensuring that Jhpiego’s vehicle(s) are well maintained, and policies have adhered to
- Maintaining vehicle mileage and other related records as required
- Ensuring that all office vehicles meet legal requirements (e.g., insurance)
- Ensuring that the office vehicles have necessary vehicle accessories like spare tires, lifesavers, toolbox, first aid kit etc.
- Responsible for monitoring fuel consumption and other minor vehicle maintenance issues
- Expected to inform the Administrative officer when service (minor/major) is due for vehicles and of any other repairs required for vehicles in a timely manner
- Assist in running office errands either using the office vehicle or by public transport as need arises
- Assist in other office functions like making photocopies, binding of documents and packing training materials for field travel and while in the field assist the Jhpiego team with other tasks
- Assist in setting up the office conference room and other logistics prior to meetings/training events Assume any other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an O’ Level certificate
- Possess a Valid Uganda Driver’s License
- Minimum five years of experience of driving, three years of which should be on up-country routes/or long distances.
- Vast experience in logistics and stores management. ,
- Knowledge of Uganda Traffic Laws Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Experience in inventory management Ugandan nationals who have previous experience working with an international organization are preferred.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should submit copies of a cover letter, CV and academic documents to: Uganda.CountryOffice@jhpiego.org with the subject line of the position that you are applying for in the email subject line, indicating why they are most suitable for this placement, attach academic documents in PDF as one document. Hand delivered applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 24th July 2022.
NB: Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
“Why Are Young Ugandans going for kyeyo?”-Finance Minister, Matia Kasaija
Quality Assurance Officer Job – Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Quality Manager Job – Mota-Engil Africa