Job Title: Hub Director
Organisation: Restless Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 168,448,569 /=
About Restless Development:
We are living in a time of ‘peak youth’. Half the global population is under 30 and of these young people, 90% live in developing countries. Despite this, traditional approaches to development continue to ignore the power of young people as capable agents of change. At almost every stage in the development process, the knowledge and capacity of young people goes untapped and their power to lead change is weakened. We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked.
We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Through our innovative programmes and policy work, targeting decision makers globally, we ensure that young people’s voices are heard not only in their local communities but all the way up to world leaders
Restless Development has been working with young people since 1985 and our work is led by thousands of young people every year. We listen to young people, our work is led by young people, and together we help young people make lasting change in their communities and countries Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Restless Development Uganda is the go-to agency and thought-leader in youth-led development and community engagement in the country. Key priorities in the first year of the Uganda Hub Director role will include:
- Bringing to life Restless Development’s global strategy and national strategic vision
- Fundraising and partnership development to diversify funding sources
- Strengthening governance and leadership
- Robust oversight of finance, programmes and people during a period of transition
- Planning for and responding to shifts in the political and legal landscape
- You will take leadership of the Uganda Hub, setting strategic direction, building partnerships and driving performance across all Units in the hub. Working closely with your Head of Programmes , you will provide support and oversight to your Leadership Team to ensure financial, programmatic, quality, people and performance functions are implemented to a high standard. The Uganda Director is also a key member of our Global Leadership Team, made up of Hub Directors, the Senior Leadership Team and the Executive.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Substantial senior management experience in fundraising, programmes, finance, operations and/or human resources, ideally in the development sector
- Demonstrated success in raising significant income through fundraising and partnerships development
- Proven track record of leading a medium sized organisation through a change period
- Experience in distance management and working with multiple offices
- Experience in policy engagement and working with government stakeholders
- Willingness to travel nationally and occasionally in the region or internationally
- Be committed to the role of young people in development and the agency’s values
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A proven track record in driving forward organisational change and leading transitions within a fast paced working environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Uganda’s social and political landscape
- Experience of youth programming, and knowledge of relevant national, regional and international policy
- An understanding of the current socio-political environment in Uganda
- Experience of building and driving through new business
- Experience of working internationally
- Experience in private sector engagement
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the Terms of Reference for more details, Click Here, and send a completed application form, Download Here to Jobs@restlessdevelopment.org
Deadline: 21st March 2021.
- Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters. First round interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 29th March 2021
- Only successful candidates/firms will be notified.
- Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.