Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Vacancy Code: FAAW-002
Reports to: West Nile Regional Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Assistant will support the Strengthening Partnerships for Preparedness and Response project. She/he will provide finance, administrative and secretarial support to the West Nile Offices. She/he will participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets, account for all the project funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment. Develop a database of contact information; maintain distribution lists for various kinds of project communication and schedule all project meetings; attend and take minutes as appropriate in collaboration with the Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support day to day project activities both in West Nile supported sites and participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets.
- Ensure safe custody and account for all the project funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment.
- Support in day to day of payment and accountability process, retrieval and review of the related documentation
- Assist in the preparation financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis i.e. ensure that all supporting documentation for the project expenses is scanned and ready by reporting time.
- Support the verification and filing of the monthly transaction details for the various projects under the program
- Support in the management of project resources such as human resources, finances, vehicles among others.
- Assist with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage.
- Managing inventory of assets and supplies, monitoring critical level of stocks and coordinating between project operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Scheduling and coordinating all appointments and meetings both staff and those for other stakeholders as scheduled.
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials and managing staff leave schedules and maintain an updated staff project leave tracker.
- Have a robust filing system both e-filing and physical filing of the projects documents i.e. reports, agreements, means of verification etc.
- Develop monthly schedules to allocate use of project vehicle and supervise the driver.
- Creating a data base for staff contacts and supporting district officials (DHOs, Biostas, DSFP, DLFP,DVOs and Hub coordinators)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Finance and Administrative Assistant job placement must hold a Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance with a certified professional course CPA or ACCA
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in finance in a public, private sector or international NGO environment
- Working experience in institutional development, project management and conversant working with government systems.
- Experience in managing US or UK government funds (rules and regulations) will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th March, 2021