Job Title: Accountant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Java House
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Java House, commonly referred to as ‘Nairobi Java’, opened its first store in 1999 at Adam’s Arcade in Nairobi. With the aim of introducing gourmet coffee drinking culture in Kenya, the first outlet was a coffee shop and later the brand evolved to an American diner style restaurant to its present-day status as a 3 -day part coffee-led, casual dining concept. Java House is now one of the leading coffee brands in Africa and has grown to have outlets in 14 cities across 3 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It has also birthed two sister brands Planet Yoghurt, a healthy, tasty and fun frozen yoghurt store and 360 Degrees Pizza, a casual dining restaurant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Revenue Posting and analysis
- Petty cash analysis and posting on daily basis.
- Branch invoice control.
- Support Ops and Finance Manager on Admin work as below;
o Sales per person
o Price Movements
o Java checks-records
o Opex Analysis-Weekly detergents, crookery analysis, Gas purchases and consumption
o Complementary and Voids-Trends and possible risks.
o Organize P&L plus breakdowns and scheduling for discussions.
o Maintain an expense tracker
- Branch Utility consumption analysis.
- Supporting payables accountant on preparation of vouchers and supplier payment scheduling.
- Support with bank reconciliations.
- Management of Java trading sales account and reporting on a weekly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold these Certifications; ACCA or CPA
- Degree qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Java House in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd May 2021