Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide Administrative support to the Regional Office to include handling correspondences between and within the region, as well as ensure proper document/filing, records keeping and mail handling system for efficient and effective service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative/secretarial services for Regional Manager, staff and clients as required in order to facilitate achievement of intended objectives
- Ensure that all claims submitted / presented for payment have the entire supporting documents and that that all information is accurate so that payments may be processed.
- Ensure that the quality of services provides at the reception desk meets the standards and expectations of all visitors at the Regional Office.
- Provide a conducive working environment that will enhance the provision of effective and efficient services to the team at the Regional Office.
- Manage the receiving, registration and distribution of mail received ensuring that the correct persons receive the correct response.
- Contribute to the planning and managing of the Regional Manager’s schedules and related logistics to ensure that the Staff at the Region efficiently meet their timelines and execute their duties:
- Take the lead in managing the registration process for new providers ensuring that
- all providers information is accurate and up to date enabling the activation for provision of services
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant job should hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Business Administration
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Customer Care Skills
- Good Information Handling and Filing Skills
- Good Information Technology/ Computer Skills
- Concern of Excellence
- Result Orientation
- Proven Personal Integrity
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a written application together with copies of academic certificates, National ID, and a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
5th Floor, UEDCL Tower
Plot 37/39, Nakasero Road
P.O. Box 3925,
Envelopes should be clearly marked “Application for the Post of Administrative Assistant”
3 professional references are required.
Deadline: 19th March 2021 by 5.00 p.m.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.