Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Data Management Officer
About US: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio-medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Data Clerk – Locum will accurately capture, edit data and ensure proper storage of raw data in accordance to set standards. The job holder makes automatic decisions following instructions on data capture and where there are inconsistencies in data refers them to the Data Management Officer. Discretion on the job is very limited.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses passwords to enter databases data collected by the survey/census teams using designed entry programs.
- Ensures completeness of double data entry where it is necessitated.
- Runs inconsistency programs and makes edits on the stored data.
- Makes routine backups at schedules intervals.
- Ensures proper storage of forms and backups.
- Reports to the Data Management Officer any errors made by the field teams found on the forms.
- Reports to the Data Management Officer any malfunctions in the computer.
- Ensures proper storage of forms in designated places.
- Ensures there is proper tracking of form movement from and to the stores.
- Any other assigned duties in line with your role.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Secretarial and Computer Studies, Office and Information
- One year of experience in secretarial in a multi departmental setting.
- Good Computer skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required (Both oral & written)
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of integrity
- Team player/ team building skills
How to Apply: All suitably qualified and interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (in one document (Word/PDF)) addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com. Please kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline: 9th April 2021 by 5:00pm NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.