Job Title: Office Assistants (Fresher O’ Level Jobs)
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
About USAID Project:
The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will be responsible for keeping the office environment clean, healthy, and safe. This position reports to the Logistics Manager in Kampala and to the Senior Zone Managers in the Zonal Office. This is a full-time position based in each of three Zonal Offices (Hoima, Mbarara, Kampala).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily cleaning of the office including, desks, chairs, windows, walls, floors, office equipment and kitchens;
- Identify daily repairs and maintenance needed for any part of the office and its furnishings and report to the Logistics Manager for corrective action;
- Track and ensure availability of kitchen and cleaning supplies such as soap, detergent, water, tea, coffee, sugar, silverware, cups, dishware, towels, etc.;
- Provide tea and coffee for visitors as requested;
- Assist in the loading, unloading and movement of furniture, equipment, cargo and office supplies;
- Ensure garbage is emptied and garbage bins are kept clean;
- Act as backup to the receptionist in regard to welcoming and directing visitors, answering telephone, screen and direct calls, taking and relaying messages;
- Photocopy, scan and fax documents as requested;
- Actively participates in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
- Perform other official tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Education Development Center (EDC) Office Assistant job must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or equivalent.
- Six (6+) months’ experience in the similar organization
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment e.g., fax, scanner and photocopier;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of staff;
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to proficiently read, speak and write English;
- Willingness to help with basic office tasks, as needed;
- Careful with the handling of products and mixtures used for cleaning (chlorine, bleach, detergents, etc.);
- Reliable and punctual worker who is capable of performing routine tasks without supervision;
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm and work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Must be reliable, dependable, flexible and willing to work beyond routine hours.
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd April 2021