Job Title: Human Resource and Admin Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Manager
Saferworld is an independent international organization working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security and conduct wider research and analysis. We use this evidence and learning to improve local, national and international policies and practices that can help build lasting peace. Our priority is people – we believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. We are a not-for-profit organization operational in 12 countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Country Manager, the Human Resources and Admin Coordinator will support human resources function and office management. The Human Resource and Admin coordinator will:
- Upkeep a high standard of implementation Saferworld’s HR policies and practices for Uganda Programme;
- Oversee day-to-day management of Saferworld’s office and project locations where staff are located
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the country human resource planning in line with the organizational strategy
- Make sure Saferworld’s recruitment practices are fair and consistent and comply with regulations and organisational good practice.
- Responsible for preparing HR documents, maintaining accurate and complete personnel and recruitment files; updating checklist and HR trackers as necessary.
- Manage the implementation of induction programmes for new staff, and ensure that probation and other process are put in place.
- Prepare monthly Payroll ensuring staff changes (new hires, terminations etc.) are accurately reflected on HR Monthly Reports and documentation is complete and filed in the personnel file.
- Prepare and review the monthly payroll as requested.
- Prepare and review final pay statements for staff that are terminating.
- Ensure that Saferworld complies with employment requirements of Uganda labor laws keeping up-to-date with required legislation and networking with other NGOs in Uganda
- Working with senior management, identify staff development/training requirements and identify ways in which training needs can be met.
- Coordinating and implementing any outstanding/arising Human Resources related audit recommendations at Country level in liaison with the Country Manager.
- Advise and assist Line Managers in performance management processes
- Provide pastoral support where appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Saferworld’s human resources policies and procedures, working with the Country Manager, Head of East Africa and HR Team in London
- Ensure the efficient running of Saferworld’s office/s, working with other teams to identify needs and improve or develop systems where necessary.
- Play leading role in office space management, including the anticipation of office space needs and managing office moves.
- Ensure compliance with national and organizational Health and Safety policies, including for any Saferworld staff based in partners offices in Uganda
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures relating to Saferworld’s administration in Uganda, liaising with other Operations Managers/Officers;
- Lead annual insurance renewals
- Lead in review of service contracts in relation to office provision and approvals in alignment with the finance policies
- Manage the IT administration and support IT functions when relevant.
- Ensure that all lease, insurance and other legal documents are in order, up-to-date, cost-effective, and relevant.
Others: Any other duty may be assigned to the post holder as required by the Line Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a BA degree in Business Administration or a related field. Postgraduate degree in Business Administration or Management related disciplines preferred.
- Experience in a Human Resources, Office Management.
- Working experience with INGO preferred
- Knowledge of payroll software is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
- Commitment to and compliance with Saferworld’s safeguarding principles
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
- Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Saferworld
How to Apply:
All candidates should download and complete an application form, Download Here and send to HR Team at email@example.com (Ref: HRAC-21)
Deadline: 17th February 2021