Company: Total Uganda
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Implement the MS Branch Internal Control Framework across the entity :
- Coordinate and challenge the answers to the ELC Questionnaire
- Enforce the effectiveness to Priority Controls (Geo Zone or MS Division) and ensure they are tested on a regular basis
- If need be, write procedures supporting the enforcement of Internal Control throughout the entity, in consistence with the procedures of the Geo Zone and/or MS Division.
Lead communication and training in Internal Control
- Participate in communicating and triggering the appropriation of internal control stakes and principles by the staff
- Attend the meetings with External Auditors re. internal controls matters
Enforce the rules of Segregation of Duties
- Assist with Segregation of Duties mitigating and with authorizations
- Ensure that mitigating actions are followed-up over time : roles are re-assigned, mitigation controls are conducted and tested on a regular basis, together with the relevant hierarchies throughout the entity.
|Coordinate the global Risk management scheme in the entity:If need be, coordinate the Risk mapping of the entity, ensure that the achievement of the relevant action plans is followed-Use audit reports as workable information to be circulated to the Management CommitteeWhatever the purpose of audits, ensure that the recommendations are followed-up and report on this to the Management Committee on a regular basisAfter analyzing incidents or malfunctions, warn the Management of the entity on the main possible risks and suggest mitigation measures (including related to the organization) together with the involved hierarchies.Make suggestions regarding controls ensuring that the risks are under controlCoordinate the Business continuity Plan (BCP) and ensure that all related procedures are consistently updated to reflect the current circumstances of the entity, and are communicated.|
Compliance:Participate in the implementation and deployment of the Group Compliance Program and more specifically on matters relating to fraud.
Cross reference the various Internal Control processes (audit, risk mapping, questionnaire, Representation Letter, controls testing status…) to identify main internal control weaknesses and follow-up the relevant mitigation action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and business lines activities
- At least minimum 2 years experience in a similar role and at least 4 years working experience
- Experience regarding Audit matters and relations to Auditors and External Auditors would be appropriate
- Well organized, method-oriented, practical and operational approach of the issues
- Skills in networking
- Strong interpersonal skills, regarding communication, management and diplomac
Method of Application
Closing Date : 12 April. 2021