Job Title: Junior Data Quality Analyst
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job opening: 2nd March, 2021
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers.
It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit and has financed over 40,000 customers.
Job Summary: In this position, Tugende is searching for an experienced and knowledgeable Data Quality Analyst with experience working in fast paced environments, to serve the needs of a fast growing company. The Junior Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that data loaded/entered into the database meets the informational requirements of Tugende limited.
Tugende is rapidly expanding its reach both geographically and also in terms of products and services to more customer segments. This implies reliance on systems and data to make the right decisions on a day to day basis in an efficient way, hence the need for the Junior Data Quality Analyst.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Junior Data Analyst will execute the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively find data quality issues, analyze and find root causes.
- Review the data collection process and develop key data quality KPIs to help in the analysis and monitoring of data quality issues for Key data loaded in the database.
- Providing a high level of data quality awareness across multiple branches and departments of Tugende
- Proactively improve the quality of salesforce reporting and reports used by Tugende
- Perform quality data extraction exercises
- Assist to perform data analysis and interpretation of data using statistical techniques
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Note: This job description gives a general guideline, and therefore does not include an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Knowledge, experience, skills and qualification:
- The ideal candidate for the Tugende Junior Data Quality Analyst should hold a good degree in Mathematics, Economics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or other related technical field. At least 1+ years practical experience in handling both structured and unstructured data sets.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in Data analysis
- Proven passion for the data quality Assurance discipline i.e. experience with data issue identification analysis and remediation
- Proven experience and passion in developing and monitoring data quality management KPIs and dashboards
- knowledge of reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc), programming (Apex, R or Python)
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, STATA, SAS etc)
- Experience working with data visualization tools such PowerBi, Tableau, Salesforce, Zoho, Microsoft office etc.
- knowledge of using G-Suite is an asset
- Analytical knowledge with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Knowledge regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Personal attributes and abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills ie Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Strong business communication skills
- Extremely meticulous in approach to work ie taking or showing extreme care about work
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Talent for quickly learning new tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
What will you gain?
Career Trajectory: The role holder of this position has a significant potential to grow as the business expands. You can be promoted Senior Data Quality Analyst or Data Analyst.
Meaningful work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing Africa’s asset-finance industry by building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join us!
Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of ~489 employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as events for our customers. Our headquarters are in Kampala, Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
Hours and compensation: This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. Tugende offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and growth.
More About Tugende: Tugende means “let’s go” in Luganda and what you see on the back of a motorcycle taxi. Tugende has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow, 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow, 2016 GSBI Fellow, and received the MIT Zambezi prize in 2015 as one of the top 3 financial inclusion startups in Africa. We have appeared in The Guardian, BBC, Economist. Beyond geographic growth, Tugende’s future will include multiple asset finance products and tools to help Tugende reach millions of clients without losing high touch personal support
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Tugende in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.