Job Title: Mail Room and File Supervisor (Fresher A’ Level US Embassy Jobs)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 44,197,171 /=
Position Number: Kampala-2021-004
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Mail Room and File Supervisor serves as the Mailroom Supervisor of the U.S. Embassy Kampala full-service Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) and unclassified pouch serving multiple agencies. His/her duties include management of DPO operations and accountability of all material sent through unclassified pouch. The incumbent ensures adherence to compliance with all Department of State (DOS), US Postal Service (USPS), and Uganda customs policies and regulations. S/he supervises the mailroom to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services to all. S/he provides guidance to all offices authorized to use DPO and pouch services. S/he tracks and is accountable for all funds issued to the mailroom, is the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for shipping contracts and makes sure all Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) contracts are up to date. The incumbent manages the reproduction and print shop and oversees the maintenance of all mission copy machines. S/he supervises and rates three full-time mailroom staff. The incumbent is supervised by the Information Management Specialist (IMS).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Mail Room and File Supervisor job opportunity should have completed Secondary School.
- A minimum of two years of experience in mail handling, logistics, supply, or warehouse is required.
- Knowledge of mail handling and office duplicating instructions, organization, functions, personnel and practices of the Mission is required.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the FAM and Diplomatic Mail policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of processing inbound and outbound shipments utilizing the Integrated Logistical Management System (ILMS) software is required.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office. Level 1 typing – 20 w.p.m. is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs is required.
- Good organizational, communication and writing skills are required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and attention to detail is required.
- Multitasking in all areas of mailroom environment is required.
- Experience working with vendors and staff to run an effective mail room is required.
- Experience in running various office machines (Copier, paper cutter, folding machine, postage meter, and collator) is required.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and be self-motivated is required. This may be tested.
- Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Level II spoken ability (limited knowledge) in any of the following local languages; Luganda, Swahili, Lusoga, Lugisu, Ateso, Japadhola, Runyakitara, Alur, Langi or Acholi is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 12h February 2021