Job Title: Manager – Ecosystems
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala Uganda
Reports to: Head- Transaction Banking and Specialised Finance
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head- Transactional Banking and Specialised Finance, the role holder will be responsible for growing the Bank’ s ecosystem from key Corporate Anchor client relationships, working closely with relationship managers, Personal & Business Banking (PBB) and Transaction Banking Managers to grow TB balance sheet and revenue. This role will handle large and complex transactions involving transactional banking products and contribute to the development of the Transaction Banking Strategic plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for Banking and growing the ecosystem for key Anchor Client relationships to deliver cash management and trade services implementations, by following established processes.
- Establish collaboration and regular engagement between Corporate Banking & Personal & Business Banking (PBB) in ring fencing collections and payments within dfcu
- Actively update and monitor the deal pipeline for growth. Enable business to measure impact and value derived from the revenue.
- Ensure regular communication updates for ecosystem implementations with internal partners and clients (utilizing meeting minutes, Action plans).
- Maintain adequate pricing of Trade and Cash Management products on a revenue/expense basis and ensure full collection of fees and commissions, whilst growing this revenue line for Revenue maximization.
- Identify areas of improvement for existing products and processes and make recommendations.
- Develop and continually expand the target market of Trade and Cash Management products, provide Training and coaching and work actively with Relationship managers, Treasury, IT & operational personal and Business Banking.
- Be a single point of contact for the client during the implementation phase of ecosystem sales mandates.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Bias in Business studies.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Banking.
- Good knowledge in Trade and cash management.
- Strong Relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of Bank systems and Products are an advantage.
- Good knowledge of trade, supply chain, and cash management products.
- A good team player able to work under minimum supervision- Self-drive and initiative.
- Excellent communications and engagement skills.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- High-level of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Sales Tactics.
- To be a Trusted advisor – positions as the “Go to” person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
- Strong credibility with key stakeholders i.e., Risk, relationship managers, Business Operations.
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem-solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
- Adoptive Leadership style to navigate fast changing environment.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Deadline: 29th July 2022