Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary range: US$2000- 4000 monthly
Established in 2005, African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, 5 countries in the Caribbean region. AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent. The network’s goal is to strengthen field epidemiology and public health laboratory capacity to contribute effectively to addressing epidemics and other major public health problems in countries where we operate. AFENET has its headquarters in Kampala, Uganda.
Job Summary: AFENET is looking to hire a capable and qualified person into the position of monitoring and evaluation officer, to implement M&E activities for the entire cooperative agreement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and collate monthly and bi-annual project specific and CoAg wide reports
- Lead design and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) function for the NSTOP/Immunization CoAg, including monitoring progress towards achievement of the CoAg objectives.
- Provide technical input into monitoring and evaluation components of funding and project proposals
- Provide technical assistance on evaluation design, methods, and implementation.
- Provide technical assistance to program/project staff to develop, update and implement monitoring and evaluation of their programs/projects.
- Support implementation, analysis and reporting for some program/project evaluations (as needed)
- Assist in developing M&E data collection tools and training field staff and partners in usage.
- Enter and manage M&E data, generate findings/results and translate these into actionable recommendations.
- Conduct internal data quality audits for quality assurance purposes.
- Support project staff and partners to understand M&E requirements and procedures including indicators, definitions and targets.
- Maintaining an updated filing system for all M&E data and resultants reports, including for funding agreements/project reports
- Foster reflection and dialogue on the evaluation process and outcomes both within the Organization and with key stakeholders.
- Travel within Uganda will be required. There may be potential for a limited amount of travel outside of Uganda.
- Working with IT department, manage and maintain CoAg M&E software
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health and additional training in M&E.
- Demonstrable and proven practical experience of at least five (5) years of Post Graduate practice in implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities in Public Health related organizations and institutions.
- Proof of applied skills and experience in designing, implementation and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out; experience in NGO sector is preferred advantage.
- Experience in handling M&E for multiple donor funds including US CDC, Gates Foundation and USAID.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies and experience in analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of vaccine preventable diseases, surveillance and immunization programs, particularly in Africa, would be an advantage
- Ability to speak French and/or Portuguese is an added advantage
- General public health program knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and skills in monitoring and evaluation methodology, including ability to develop/interpret a logic model and an evaluation plan
- Ability to design monitoring and evaluation activities for public health programs/projects and/or funding proposals
- Ability to organize and communicate with, staff from many organizations to work together, including organization of meetings and workshops
- Skills in developing M&E indicators and data collection plans for research or applied evaluation projects.
- Experience in reporting on M&E findings through reports and powerpoint presentations
- Excellent skills in conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis using statistical and/or qualitative software packages.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, results oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation skills.
- A team player
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should submit their Application Letters detailing their experiences and skills, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents and 3 references to;
The Administration & Human Resource Office,
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
https://recruitment.afenet.net and a copy on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 15th July 2022 by 5:30pm