Job Title: Office Assistant (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Uganda
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct and the overall supervision of the Team Leader, the Office Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Implements detailed distribution of routed mail and clearing staff outgoing trays to respective action officers.
- Delivers urgent mail/messages
- Operates a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, printer, scanner, etc.
- Photocopy a variety of documents and other materials
- Ensures cleanliness of the office premises at all times
- Ensures that the kitchenette and office crockery/cutlery is clean at all times
- Requests the Office Assistant/Administrative Officer to replenish office and pantry supplies where and when necessary.
- Ensures the timely refilling of the water dispensers, including informing the Office Assistant/Administrative Officer of the necessity to replenish
- Ensures well organized boardrooms at all times in particular when meetings are due to take place, and arrange for refreshments/tea when required
- Maintains well organized store for stationery and office supplies
- Maintains proper stores records, prepare periodic stores reports and initiate the procurement process for the replenishment of stationery and office supplies
- Provides support as the receptionist
- Ensures all Office doors are closed every evening
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Office Assistant or Team Leader.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office Assistant should have completed Secondary education
- At least one year of experience in clerical and general office support or related area is desirable.
- Language: Good oral communication skills in English is required. Knowledge of the local language is an advantage.
- Professionalism – Knowledge of basic clerical functions. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th March 2021