The Uganda People’s Defense Forces  (UPDF) have confirmed that there was no gun stolen in an attack in Kapeeka town on Saturday night.

At around 10:40pm on Saturday, assailants armed with a rifles attacked a Police and UPDF foot patrol in Kikondo cell in Kapeeka town council in Nakaseke.

The joint security team was patrolling a music show at Kapeeka playground.

According to Brigadier General Felix Kulayigye, the Spokesperson of Uganda People’s Defense Forces, the assailants shot dead a UPDF soldier RA /260979 Private Obed Tufeyo.

Also Read: Video: Traffic Police officers Wrestle, Disarm UPDF Soldier who tried to shoot Colleague

Kulayigye adds that other soldiers fired back killing the two assailants instantly, and recovered the gun they used in the attack.

Kulayigye adds that no weapon was lost by UPDF in the exchange.

“The UPDF and sister security forces have launched a full scale on slot on criminals interested in picking rifles to make unpalatable the appetite for gun acquisition. The criminals’ attempts on our forces shall be met with full force,” Kulayigye said in the statement.

UPDF is yet to release identifies of the dead assailants.

The dead bodies of assailants have been transferred for Nakaseke hospital whereas the slain UPDF soldier was taken to Bombo Military hospital.

By time of compiling the story ,the joint security team had cleared the scene and withdrawn the deployment.

Moses Ssenfuma the LC 3 Chairperson of Kapeeka sub county however noted that the situation remains eerily calm following the attack.

This is the third attack in Greater Luwero districts.

No Gun Stolen in Kapeeka Attack -UPDF
 Brigadier General Felix Kulayigye, the Spokesperson of Uganda People’s Defense Forces

On the 31st October this year a group of armed assailants attacked Busiika Police Station in Luwero district, shot dead two police officers on the spot and a third died days later in hospital, whereas one critically injured.

In July this year, assailants attacked Policemen at a Check Point at Kiwumpa village along Kampala-Gulu highway and stabbed one dead on the spot, leaving another injured.

They robbed  police guns from them but in the previous two incidents, they are yet to recover the guns, nor establish the motive of the attackers.