Job Title: Office Assistant (Fresher Diploma Jobs)
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programs Coordinator
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will provide operational and logistical support to the programme office including preparing and serving teas, cleaning office premises, providing secretarial support; distributing information and documents to different places in line with the programmes strategy
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Logistics and administration support
- Screen incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries
- Manage a filing system for record and control of key documents
- Provide logistical support and back-up in the planning of meetings and workshops
- Maintain supplies/logistics inventory and prepare requisitions for office supplies and equipment
- Related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents
- Maintain a record of utility items from the store as appropriate
- Ensure that the office is kept tidy and clean through regular cleaning of office premises and the compound
Support to staff
- Provide information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements
- Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions
- Prepare and serve break and evening tea to all staff as well as washing utensils for the office
- Organize and packing workshop materials to support training activities
Support to meeting/fora
- Compile calendar/s of key events.
- Support planning of the events and meetings.
- Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
- Plan for and managing logistics for cluster/regional/departmental meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events
Plan for guest logistics:
- Scheduled meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
- Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
- Support guest’s general needs like shopping, Church service
- Following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports
- Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings/for a
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Office Assistant job must hold a diploma
- Experience in office administration
- Knowledge in logistical operations
- Excellent customer care and public relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very strong relational and communication skills.
- Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be hardworking, courteous and friendly
- Must be able to work in a team, with minimum supervision and flexibility
- Computer literate
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 14th February 2021