Job Title: Budget & Forecast Analyst
Organisation: CNOOC Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CNOOC Uganda Limited, a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) is a major national oil company in China. CNOOC Uganda Limited is China’s largest producer of offshore crude oil and natural gas. China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) specializes in offshore upstream exploration and production.
Job Summary: The Budget & Forecast Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining budgets for the Company in accordance with internal planning and budgeting processes, Joint Operating Agreements (JOA), and Production Sharing Contract (PSC) obligations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly budget performance reports, expenditure forecasts and accompanying presentation materials for Management review
- Analyze variances between actual expenditures, budgets, forecasts and prepare explanations and commentary for review and discussion with Finance Team and Management
- Support Line or Department Manager in responding to ad hoc budget-related inquiries from JV partners and Government of Uganda
- Preparing and providing accurate and timely reports to functional departments and management on different aspects of the business on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Coordinate preparation and review of Authorization For Expenditures (AFEs) and WBS
- Ensure AFEs and WBS do not conflict with internal budgets and are supported executed in accordance with internal commitment authority policies and procedures
- Coordinates with Finance Team to ensure all monthly, quarterly and annual reports are submitted on a timely basis
- Participation in the ‘interpretation of guidelines/assumptions to drive the budget process
- Continuous monitoring of expenditure against budget for the various departments and advising management/procurement department accordingly.
- Provision of financial information to both internal and external auditors and liaising with other team members to facilitate audits
- Other duties assigned by Line or Department Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or above in Finance, Management or related.
- At least three years of related working experience in budget preparation, implementation, monitoring, control and analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of economics, financing and accounting management
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS and other GAAP Understanding of oil & gas E&P
How to Apply:
All candidates should send an updated CV and application Letter merged into one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the SUBJECT HEAD of the email.
NB: Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications, nationality, 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 12th March 2021 by 5:00pm