Job Title: Planning Officer
Organization: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Strategic Planning Unit
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Chief Strategic Planning Unit, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the Unit Chief in devising, supporting, reviewing and monitoring the implementation of RSCE corporate strategies and initiatives, such as: Capacity Building, Knowledge Management, and Business Continuity Planning, Multilingualism, and process improvement projects.
- Provide expertise and technical advice on knowledge management tools, develop the communication strategies around them, and promote their active by the Centre’s personnel, and ensure that they remain current and updated.
- Conduct research, collect data, prepare briefs, frameworks, action plans and reports on strategic improvements to RSCE operations and service delivery.
- Support the testing of the Business Continuity Plan, the devolution, and the weekly accounting for staff.
- Support the operationalizing of the Centre’s multilingualism strategy in line with the Secretary General’s initiative.
- Identify key contacts, constituencies, and opportunities for strategic partnerships to facilitate service delivery improvements and maintain working relationships.
- Design, and test e-tools and products aiming at creating efficiencies and enhanced working methods.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in International relations, peacekeeping, International Organizations, Business Administration and Management, public administration, social studies or humanities related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in international affairs, preferably related to knowledge management and process improvement, in administrative areas with international organizations (preferably United Nations) is required. Experience in data analysis and in supporting preparation of reports for senior management are required.
- Competencies values: Client Orientation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
- Area of expertise: Development programme management, Other emergency management experience
- Computer skills: Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Microsoft applications (Office 365)etc.)
- Proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of other official UN languages would be an asset.
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent. French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
- Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations Volunteers UNV in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th September 2020