Job Title: Prevention Officer(NGO Jobs)
Organisation: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Prevention Officer technically supports districts and monitor the implementation of quality Differentiated HIV testing services (HTS), elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV (eMTCT) services, early infant diagnosis (EID) services and implementation of other HIV prevention programs targeting Adolescents, young people, Key and priority populations in alignment with the program objectives and set targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly Cluster work plans & operational plans for HIV testing services (HTS), Prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), early infant diagnosis (EID), and targeted HIV prevention services for Key and Priority populations (KP/PP); and related budgets.
- Build the capacity of health workers and key community stakeholders in both Quality Improvement initiatives for and delivery of quality HTS, PMTCT/EID and targeted prevention services to KP/PP service provision through training of service providers, and quarterly on site mentorships to all supported health facilities and community structures with in supported districts.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of innovative strategies that increase HTS yield like APN, community engagement including KP/PP and male involvement in HIV testing and PMTCT services.
- Supervise Health facility-community referral and linkage activities in HTS, PMTCT, EID & prevention for KP/PP and provide guidance to implementers.
- Periodically review, with appropriate documentation, of site & district level HTS, PMTCT/EID and KP/PP cascades and ensure retention of clients along the continuum of response. Periodically review and monitor PMTCT/HCT/EID performance against set targets and submit periodic reports to key stakeholders in line with program and national reporting requirements.
- Technically support and supervise the integration of Family planning in HIV and PMTCT services provided at both the health facilities and community intervention points in line with project objectives & National guidelines.
- Advise on progress of implementation of planned activities on a monthly basis and address poor performance with corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Strengthen collaborations and effective corporate, local government, and community partnerships including target community engagement of KP/PP for a coordinated and harmonized HIV program.
- Participate in HIV operational research, documented and disseminate findings at national and international conferences, journals and medical related literature in line with Baylor Uganda research guidelines.
- Support implementation of HIV self-testing and distribution of HIV self-testing kits among target populations at health facilities and communities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Baylor-Uganda Prevention Officer job should hold a degree in Nursing (reproductive health) or related field of medicine from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body
- Three years of relevant work experience
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th March 2021
“Why Are Young Ugandans going for kyeyo?”-Finance Minister, Matia Kasaija
Quality Assurance Officer Job – Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Quality Manager Job – Mota-Engil Africa