Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
The Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA), is a government agency established by the Parliament of Uganda to monitor, investigate, and prevent money laundering in the country. It is also responsible for the enforcement of Uganda’s anti-money laundering laws and the monitoring of all financial transactions inside the country’s borders.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, low-cost goods and services and the proper processing of procurements on behalf of the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily coordination of the Authority’s procurement and administrative activities;
- Ensure compliance to procurement guidelines for goods, work and services carried out on behalf of the Authority;
- Provide support in the preparation and implementation of the Authority’s procurement plan;
- Prepare tender documents for the procurement of goods, works and services;
- Liaison with Contracts Committee to review procurement requests for completeness, adequacy and clarity of tender documents;
- Implement procurement and contracting transactions to purchase goods, works and services at the best value;
- Prepare all necessary procurement management reports;
- Maintain procurement files in accordance with the FIA’s procurement policy;
- Maintain the filing of both hard copy and soft copy of the ongoing and complete Purchase Requests with all the supporting documents as required by the PPDA Act and Public Financial Management Act of the Republic of Uganda;
- Ensure the timely and well-documented delivery of supplies to the office in coordination with the field-based logistics officers;
- Support staff on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
- Ensure that procurement procedures and guidelines are harmonized in the Authority Procurement manual;
- Comply with the Operational Procedures and Guidelines of the Procurement department;
- Undertake any other tasks related to the procurement function requested by the Authority management and Contracts Committee.
- Support the immediate supervisor with the functions related to the Authority’s procurement requirements.
- Carry out procurement activities in accordance with the PPDA Act and Regulations of the Republic of Uganda.
- Procurement presentations prepared for Contracts Committee approval.
- Procurement monthly reports to PPDA prepared.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA) Procurement Officer job placement should hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement (or Purchasing) and Supply Chain Management Or
- Full Professional qualification in Procurement/Purchasing /Logistics) and Supply Chain Management discipline like:
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or Institute of Supplies Management (ISM), or Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT), or equivalent professional qualification recognized Institution
- Degree in Procurement (or Purchasing) Management is an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant work experience in Logistics and Procurement department in a public or private organization.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of procurement regulations and procedures, issued by PPDA;
- High standards of Integrity.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of computer and data processing applications to procurement in the public sector.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Result and Team oriented.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to:
The Executive Director
Financial Intelligence Authority
4th Floor Rwenzori Towers (Wing B), Plot 6 Nakasero Road
P.O. Box 9853
Deadline: Monday 29th March, 2021 at 5PM.