Vacancy title: Program Officer
Type: FULL TIM
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO
Category: Admin & Office
Jobs at: Save the Children
Deadline of this Job: 04 September 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The job holder will lead, supervise and facilitate the smooth running of the Save the Children International Basic Education and Teacher Professional Development through the Enabling Teacher Approach, policy advocacy community, teachers and children mobilization in the project Area. The Project Officer will be responsible for monitoring project quality, taking a technical initiative in education focuses studies, documentation of the lessons learned, dissemination of innovations and best practices by working together with other team members in his/her district of operation. The Job holder will work hand in hand with the Project Manager to ensure that the implementation and evaluation of the project activities is in line with quality standards of Education.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly. .
• University degree in Education, Community Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration from a recognized Institution.
• At least 2 years’ experience in implementation of Education projects in a development or humanitarian context.
• Excellent command of pedagogical knowledge, skills and contemporary knowledge of the global and national education trends..
• Experience in advocating, mobilizing and with working with multiple stakeholders, including Community groups, private sector, development agencies, government authorities, NGOs.
• Experience in working in the hard- to- reach and hard-to-live in remote areas
• Understanding of Child rights programming and principles
• Strong communication skills
• Computer skills especially in MS-Word, Excel and Power Point
• Motorcycle riding skills and a valid riding permit is a requiremen
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
• We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 4th September 2020 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents