Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Organisation: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) was established as a public Authority and its mandate is to regulate, promote and oversee the quality of coffee along the entire value chain, support research and development, promote production, and improve the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance Officer will conduct inspection, loading, and certification of export lots to ensure that the quality of coffee along the value chain conforms to set standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out pre-shipment inspection of all coffee exports in line with the Coffee Regulations
- Supervise export loading and ensure that all containers are sealed.
- Perform routine analytical procedures, physical and sensory analysis on coffee samples.
- Keep an updated register of findings on all coffee samples analyzed.
- Establish quality trends by analyzing fairly average quality coffee, Ochratoxin A levels in coffee.
- Implement coffee profiling and characterization activities.
- Compile information on compliance to standards at different levels of the value chain.
- Compile quality data required for issuing certificates, writing reports and publications
- Undertake all basic quality control training programmes for processors, farmers, Quality Controllers, and Technicians.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Science (First Class or Upper Second class) in Chemistry/ Biochemistry or Food Science and Technology, or Biological sciences from a recognized university.
- Certification in Basic Quality Control (BQC), or Barista, or Q and R Grading will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in a similar field.
- Working knowledge of the laws, regulations, guidelines, procedures affecting the coffee industry,
- Basic computer skills and statistical data analysis,
- Excellent report writing, communication and good customer care skills,
- Positive attitude and ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th February 2023
“Why Are Young Ugandans going for kyeyo?”-Finance Minister, Matia Kasaija
Quality Manager Job – Mota-Engil Africa
Business Development Officer Job – Uganda Biodiversity Trust Fund (UBF)