Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Organisation: Mota-Engil Africa
Duty Station: Bulisa, Uganda
Mota-Engil is a Portuguese group in the sectors of civil construction, public works, port operations, waste, water, and logistics. The Mota-Engil Group comprises 228 companies within three major business areas – Engineering and construction, Environment and Services and Transport concessions – operating in 21 countries through its branches and subsidiaries, including Mota-Engil Engenharia e Construção, S.A., Tertir, SUMA, INDAQUA Manvia, Vibeiras, Ascendi and Martifer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a valid academic Diploma or Technical Certificated CCS
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Minimum experience required 18 years.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Great networking abilities.
- High Knowledge Ms Microsoft/AutoCAD/SAP
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below