Job Title: Records Clerk (Fresher O’ Level Jobs)
Organization: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organization contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope, and improving the quality of life of persons, families, and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Records Clerk will ensure effective management of the records at the center.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify completeness of clients’ files
- Retrieve clients’ files as required
- Label shelves, file folders, and cabinets
- Shelve files, Label shelves and files to ensure orderly and proper arrangement of files in shelves
- Ensure timely archiving of files within 24 hours
- Ensure proper packaging of files to avoid damage during transit
- Use of logbooks for easy tracking of files in the records rooms
- Ensure safety and security of files by keeping files under key and lock
- Issue files to only authorized individuals
- Maintain security of files and records
- Provide other administrative support to the Assistant M&E Department
- Any other duty assigned by the Immediate supervisor
- Clients’ files properly maintained and kept
- Security of client’s files properly maintained
- Technical support to the supervisor provided
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Records Clerk job must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (O-Level Certificate) and Certificate in Record Keeping and Management.
- One year of previous experience in health records management
- Ethical issues in data management
- Rights of people living with HIV/AIDS
- Key Skills: Computer skills and Communication skills
- Other Qualities and Attributes: Accuracy, Integrity, and Confidentiality
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of which should be professional referees and, a current employer / immediate supervisor including their telephone and email contacts.All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents in one folder and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials
Deadline: 12th February 2021 by 5:30 pm
NB: While TASO appreciates all the interested candidates, only those invited for interviews will be reached. In case you do not hear from consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note disqualification.