Job Title: Records Supervisor – Electronic
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Records Manager
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled.
Job Summary: As the Fund transitions to electronic records management, the Supervisor-Electronic Records will be responsible for supporting the Records Manager in developing all relevant electronic document records management system (EDRMS) project documentation and to ensure that the project operates to time scale and within allocated resources. The jobholder will also participate in the day-to-day activities of sorting, preparation, scanning, indexing and verification of records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating activities of the central records repository for electronic records and ensure timely records keeping and retrieval to users.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities for a team within the records section responsible for the downloading, sorting and indexing of both physical, scanned documents, and electronic records of the Fund.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of the records team, both officers and records assistants, to include annual evaluations, daily supervision, operational procedures, scheduling of work, conduct and discipline of the team.
- Acts as the first call of expertise in Records management in the absence of the Records manager, leading the records team and coordinate all activities of scanning and digitization.
- Analyze staff productivity, performance and quality to ensure the department meets, and exceeds productivity goals.
- Monitoring and spearheading the scanning and digitization of records in the EDRMS project.
- Support the Head of Records in developing relevant EDRMS policies and procedures and user guides and support the Head Records to manage section budget to ensure optimization.
- Manage the processes of sorting and preparation of records ready for transfer into electronic formats for ADA intake.
- Spearhead amalgamation of all Fund records scattered in sections, departments and branch network for the good reason to support the “Business Continuity Plan-BCP” and centrally manage risk.
- Ensuring the accuracy of records in the electronic system and archive by strict adherence of control measures.
- Ensuring timely Production, verification, certification of electronic documents, and providing adequate storage of records (electronic), protection of records integrity and authenticity; and be readily accessible to all users who need to use records contained within the system.
- Implementation of process automations and improvements that will reduce work load in the section improved TAT & output in other processing sections of the fund.
- Ensure timely online delivery of documents to users around the fund network. Monitor document/files movement and generating records on timely delivery of all forms of document & software.
- Operate, care for and keep safe office equipment like scanners, copiers, binding machines, bulk filing cabinets and operate the NSSF official Mail Box 7140 Kampala and processing of mail and parcels received through it.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Records Supervisor-Electronic job must hold a Bachelor’s degree University degree in Records Management or a relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- Diploma in records management will be an added advantage.
- Three years of experience in records management of which one year in a records supervisory role.
- Experience in electronic document records management project implementation
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure whilst taking responsibility for a variety of activities
- Strong self-leadership
- Team leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality reports
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Comfortable interacting with seniors and peers
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strategic Thinker
- Strong writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills – multi-task, plan for time and resources
How to Apply:
All interested individuals should send copies of academic credentials, application letters and detailed CV addressed to the Head of Human Resources & Administration to email@example.com for registration and onward transmission.
NB: Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 15th September 2020