Job Title: Relationship Officer, SME
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: HR/STAFF/VAC – 05/09/7/20
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Relationship Officer, SME will be responsible for acceleration of growth of Portfolio within the SME Suite through building customer satisfaction and loyalty by offering value added expertise and advice with a personalized approach thus maintaining a mutually beneficial business partnership to derive growth in line with approved targets and within the institution’s annual operating plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clients mobilization: Supports all efforts at branch level to enroll new client’s by participating in client mobilization campaigns and or sales drives, scheduling meeting sessions for potential loan and account opening applicants to obtain information on UGAFODES financial products and services, and answering questions about the product types and features, product requirements, product pricing, terms, conditions and benefits.
- Credit appraisals and analysis: Analyses loan applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans to be submitted to the branch credit committee in compliance with set loan standards of the institution.
- SME Loan portfolio growth: Aggressively champion the growth of individual SME loan portfolio through promoting growth in outstanding portfolio and disbursements.
- SME portfolio quality: Maintains and manages a qualitative Asset book and provides support the in the recovery and regularization of loans in arrears for SME Suite customers in line with the UGAFODE (MDI) policies and procedures.
- SME Business Appraisals and Analysis: Prepares credit files, complete with accurate and valid information and present recommendations to the credit committee for further considerations/approval in line with UGAFODE (MDI) credit policy and procedures.
- Member of SME Suite Credit Committee: Responsible for presenting client’s loan application files and defending them with facts, business cases and analyzed information to support a credit decision to be reached by the branch credit committee (loans below 5M) or referred to the region/ Head office (loans above 5M).
- Credit reporting: Undertakes reporting (day- to-day and weekly) on all client loan compliances, non- compliances, incidents arising out of bad loans and trends in loan repayments as well as any feedback to support a qualitative portfolio.
- Adherence to Compliance standards: Ensures SME loans are in compliance to all UGAFODE set standards and controls, loans advanced are within the Risk appetite guidelines of the bank and ensuring an effective and efficient SME relationship management.
- Management of delinquencies: Implement loan recovery activities targeting all loans in arrears and ensuring complete documentation of all recovery efforts through preparation of Call reports and issue of appropriate demand notices to clients.
- Loan documentation: Responsible for collecting, receiving, completing and updating all client loan files with loan information as and when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited Relationship Officer, SME job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or finance. A good track record of sales management is a Must.
- Two years of experience in Microfinance or banking.
- Experience working with a financial institution and have been involved in credit and or relationship management is desirable.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of banking services and products, basic credit management skills.
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
- Strong relationship management skills
- High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical power and innovative abilities.
- Business drive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Able to meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up- to-date CV to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title and vacancy reference number for the job you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources and the closing date for receiving all applications is September 11, 2020.
Deadline: 11th September 2020