Job Title: Project Manager – Samasource Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Samasource Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Samasource Uganda Profile:
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
The incumbent will develop and lead a team of Team Leaders to provide clients with efficient and effective services. You will serve as a key partner to the Senior Director Service delivery East Africa and report directly to this role.
Roles and responsibilities:
Project Complexity – Low
Projects handled – 1-2 stable projects
- Communicate the progress of production, quality, and resourcing initiatives to all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that the set monthly revenue targets are attained and surpassed within time and with high-quality project execution.
- Manage and deliver work for various projects and provide reliable information in accordance with agreed plans and schedules and handle minor project escalations.
- Provide internal stakeholders with transparent and attentive project management support covering production and quality management.
- Responsible for the management, organization, and coordination of the day to day work of the Team Leaders and production staff of the designated account within the Centre to deliver the highest standards of service to clients.
- Lead and manage the Team Leaders and production staff, ensuring that they are well managed, trained, and motivated to meet the objectives and priorities of the Centre by providing constant feedback on their performance and where necessary, coaching to close performance gaps.
- Responsible for project quality management and basic project cost management.
- Handle minor project escalations and manage conflict within the team.
- To work proactively with colleagues across the Centre taking the initiative to resolve issues as they arise and contribute appropriately to meetings.
- Provide the engineering team with feedback regarding SamaHub features.
- Develop a strong trusted advisor relationship with key internal stakeholders.
- Identify potential value additions and/ or areas of work we can target for the client.
- with justifiable business impact of the proposed solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field or equivalent.
- At least two years’ work experience with one year in a Team Leader position
- Ability to accept challenges and tackle difficult situations and meet the expected goals
- Good project management skills and the ability to pay attention to qualitative and quantitative trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in regards to presenting the results of analyses to management.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience; the ability to develop and coach a team.
- Proven ability to build renewable revenue and expand business and margins within clients
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying close attention to details.
- Passionate, highly self-motivated, energetic, and an enthusiastic team player.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business field or equivalent
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
How To Apply for Samasource Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the links below.
The successful candidate should be willing and ready to work on a Nightshift. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 04th April 2021