Organization: Opportunity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Assistant Branch Manager — Operations
Opportunity Bank is a Commercial Bank licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda. We are the Bank of choice for all who aspire to a life of dignity and purpose. We offer innovative technology-led financial solutions and training to transform lives and Communities. We do this with care, respect and in a sustainable way.
Job Summary: The Banking Officer will accept deposits, withdraws, renewals and terminations of placements, disbursement of loans, managing and ensuring key relationships are enhanced and maintained.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes the client’s identity (KYC requirement) prior to account opening, as well as updating customer static data requirements
- Checks loan application form and ensures that clients meet all loan Sign offs and that all required documents are attached before allowing access of loans funds to loan clients.
Acts as alternate secondary custodian to Assistant Manager Operations in casts vaults and record vault balancing and acts as the secondary custodian of the Branch keys.
- Markets company products and services through cross-selling and referrals.
- Displays a high level or standard of cleanliness, courtesy and discipline in dealing with clients as a measure of public relations, while handling their inquiries and complaints.
- Alerts the Assistant Manager Operations of any easy signs of possible fraud by staff or clients and ensures confidentiality of Operations related information is maintained in all cases to protect the interest of the Company and the clients.
- Performing teller transactions i.e. deposits, withdrawals, loan disbursements/payments
- Provides secretarial and administration support and provides hospitality to clients and all visitors
- Sets and maintains up-to-date Branch operations’ section filing and retrieval systems for business correspondence and all administrative records and ensures documents can be filed and retrieved with ease by all users.
- Updates and maintains external and internal branch operations contact databases and telephone directories, and handles and responds to queries and telephone calls.
- Raising the request orders for the purchase of goods and services for the Branch and Purchasing Office supplies.
- Maintaining the attendance register
- Entering the Branch Period Transaction Records (PM) and any other batch form transactions in the system;
- Any other duties as may be delegated by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Opportunity Bank Banking Officer job should hold a University degree preferably in Business related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications in microfinance, banking, finance or marketing provide added advantage.
- Relevant banking experience is an added advantage
- Good understanding of operational risk management.
- Basic knowledge of related statutory and regulatory banking compliance regulations
- Basic knowledge of Operations activities and products -lending, savings and other banking products and services
- Ability to plan, coordinate and monitor own and departmental work plan and handle heavy workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and against conflicting deadlines
- Experience in setting and maintaining accurate administrative databases and filing, archiving and file retrieval systems
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information with utmost discretion
- Ability to interpret documents and understand administration procedures
- Good understanding of sales management and customer service
- Knowledge of the core banking system
NB: Opportunity Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of disability, gender, marital status, religion and ethnicity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 11th March 2021