Vacancy title: Site Supervisor
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO
Jobs at: VVOB —Education
Deadline of this Job: 28 September 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
VVOB —Education for development is a non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education WOB partners with Ministries of Education at national and sub-national levels, and with public education institutions in nine countries globally. Through the provision of technical assistance, the capacity of national governments and local education authorities for the design and implementation of education policies and/or innovations is improved.
VVOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and became operational in Uganda in 2019 WOB has offices in Kampala and in Gulu and is expecting to set up field offices in Arua and lsingiro soon More information about the work of WOB can be found on www.vvob.org
Teaching Agriculture Practically (TAP) programme: To complement WOB’s human capacity development trajectories, the TAP programme invests in infrastructure and durable equipment of model agricultural production units for both income generation and learning purposes
VVOB is currently recruiting for its TAP programme
Site Supervisor- Construction works
Fixed term Contract: Six months (October 2020 – April 2021)
Duty Station: Gulu, with frequent travel to Lira and Mubende
Gross monthly salary: UGX 6,830,095 to UGX 9,347,457
The site supervisor shall oversee the construction projects at our partner colleges: – National Teachers College Unyama and Mubende, as well as the National instructors College Abilonino (Kole District) for a fixed duration oi six months. The role will require frequent travel between the colleges to supervise and monitor the construction of the poultry house, goat shelter, fishponds, and fencing of horticulture plots etc.; the purchasing of irrigation equipment and installation of machinery (maize mill, maize huller, shelling machine); and the procurement of farm animals (chicks, goats). .
• Desk study & planning (10%): finalize bills of quantities and architectural plans, draft Terms of Reference for recruitment of constructors, and execution calendars for each site.
• Tendering process (20%): Part of identification and selection committee for construction firms and supplies. Implementation (60%): monitor construction sites, delivery, and installation of machinery.
• Closing and handover (10%): organize test sessions of machinery, quality control, hand-over.
Qualifications and Required skills:
The site supervisor has a combination of logistical and technical experience (construction /agronomy):
• Degree in construction/civil engineering.
• Experience with design and installation of irrigation systems for horticulture is an added value.
• At least 3 years of demonstrable experience with on-site supervision and follow-up of construction works of agricultural infrastructure (pig sty, goat shelter, fishponds, poultry house, mushroom production house, etc.)
• Demonstrable experience with procurement and contracting of suppliers/service providers
Job Education: Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 28th September 2020 at 23:59pm EAT.
• CV, including a minimum of three professional referees
• Motivation letter and expected remuneration
• 1 page overview of relevant site supervision and professional experience
Shortlisted candidates will he invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for interview (Final interview face to face). Reference checks will be made before a final offer of employment.
Please note, applications submitted without attached motivation letter and UV will not he reviewed, Due to the volume at applications submitted, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.