Job Title: Stores and Logistics Officer
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Area Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Job Summary: The Stores and Logistics Officer will oversee and ensure that all activities related to fleet and stores management are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed FCA Uganda policy and Donor Guidelines
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day handling of the stock and inventory; both on and offsite.
- Keep up to date records of all inventories in stock, verify and receive all goods delivered to the stores and appropriately recording all goods received.
- Responsible for preparing all dispatches to the field and making follow ups for the accountabilities of the same.
- Ensure that all assets of FCA are properly engraved before being put into use or delivered to third parties/recipients.
- Accurately maintain the organisation assets /inventory register in a prescribed format,
- Keep the stores safe, neat and orderly.
- Issue stocks based on authorized requisitions and maintain reasonable stock reorder levels
- Prepare periodic inventory reports for supporting strategic decision making.
- Conduct regular inventory counts and feeds the management on their statuses for further replenishment.
- Develop stores and logistical plans for current operations and stores and logistics contingency plans.
- Maintain departmental compliance with company policies and procedures and ensure departmental adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Authorize the movement of vehicles leaving the compound and ensure that packing time is adhered to
- Responsible for registering and licensing vehicle and motorcycles and ensuring that licenses are always up to date.
- Monitor fuel purchases by administering fuel cards for all vehicles and motorcycle to their respective drivers in order to regulate costs/expenses.
- Supports fleet Management to ensure that movement of vehicles, motorcycles and repairs are done timely and comply with regulations and policies
- Make sure vehicles are always ready and available to meet orders by scheduling and monitoring the activities in the field
- Supervises drivers and ensures their performance management processes is adhered to, regularly sets targets for them and conducts effective appraisals and take preventive measure to ensure safety of vehicles and drivers
- Regularly report expenses and performances of the fleet to management
- Reconcile fuel on monthly basis for vehicles and motorcycles and submit to finance for replenishment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the FCA Uganda Stores and Logistics Officer job must hold a University Degree in Fleet and logistics management, Business administration or related field.
- At least three years of professional experience in logistics management preferable with INGO
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Good organizational and team skills with attention to detail
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (internet and computer applications)
- The ideal candidate must exercise high levels of integrity.
- The ideal candidate must possess knowledge of mechanics with ability to ride a motor cycle.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 12th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks.