Job Title: Training Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Medical Research Council (MRC UK) /UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Training
Position Code: TA -722
The Medical Research Council (MRC UK) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018. The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world. The Unit is based at the UVRI Entebbe campus with established outposts in Kalungu, Masaka, Wakiso and Kampala Districts.
Job Summary: The Training Assistant is responsible for supporting training and capacity building of all staff in the Unit, ensuring that proper records are maintained in the training office and participating in the monitoring and evaluation of capacity building activities in the Unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support staff going for trainings and related activities in drafting budgets in accordance with the Unit’s guidelines and make timely cash advance requests to accounts for approval and payment;
- Receive applications for trainings and timely compile lists of applicants, both successful and unsuccessful ones;
- Receive training requests including those of short courses, long courses, workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Ensure appropriate logistics (venue, photography, attendance lists, stationery, projector, issuing and collection of feedback forms, training certificates, etc.) are in place for trainings, hot topic seminars and UVRI joint scientific seminar series;
- Follow up staff who attend workshops, conferences and trainings both local and international, and ensure submission of reports upon return;
- Make timely MSD requests for supplies and services for the department and follow up with stores and procurement for updates;
- Maintain proper records of all training activities in the Unit; and,
- Organise meetings of the training committee and act as its secretary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or other related degree;
- At least two years of experience supporting training operations in a busy working environment;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with spreadsheets;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation training;
- Minimum of one year managing records in an office environment;
- Should possess knowledge of training evaluation;
- Knowledge of manual and electronic filing;
- Knowledge of basic data analysis;
- Knowledge of basic MS Excel;
- Knowledge of basic budgeting principles;
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Highly deadline and goal oriented;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English;
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures; and,
- Ability to liaise and communicate with users effectively.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates Follow the link below to fill a form and submit your application documentation at the link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2022