Job Title: Client Service Officer (Client Relations)
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 21-Administration-RSCE-150811-R-Entebbe (M)
Reports to: Chief, Client Service Delivery Pillar
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Client Service Officer (Client Relations) will be responsible for managing client relations, and specifically the Client Relations and Knowledge Management Unit. This includes strategic analysis, knowledge management of the Pillar, Service Line relationship management, service quality monitoring and reporting and carry out the following duties:
- Initiate quality assurance activities to assess and improve performance and align performance to service level agreement.
- Gather information about the challenges faced by clients and identify ways to better address those needs.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Undertakes survey initiatives – deploys client satisfaction survey, designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Prepares various client service-related reports and analyses
- Update customer service tools and dashboards in coordination with Unit team members.
- Carry out client service quality management activities in collaboration with other team members.
- Participate in the process of providing continuous client service staff training.
- Participate in the development of the stakeholder management and communication plan.
- Monitor customer service metrics in collaboration with the other Client Services Officer.
- Monitor and assess client service activities to proactively satisfy clients.
- Focal point for knowledge management and will lead knowledge management initiatives and support capacity building within the Pillar.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Providing management and supervision and technical assistance for the client relations unit
- Initiate and support continuous improvement opportunities (both system and procedural).
- Collect and provide information for monthly key performance indicators.
- Plan and schedule mission visits to gather information and feedback about client services.
- Work closely with client entities counterparts to resolve escalated issues.
- Supports recruiting, staffing, and onboarding processes as appropriate.
- Oversee performance management processes and complete performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Oversee time management processes (e.g., time approval, scheduling, etc.).
- Coach and mentor the process experts and customer service representatives to continuously improve performance and achieve individual and team objectives.
- Coordinate and liaise closely with key stakeholders as well as operations management as appropriate.
- Plan and develop reports on the operational and strategic objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Client Service Officer (Client Relations) job placement should hold a first level university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) or Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience (in combination with a Master’s Degree), or 7 years (in combination with first level university degree) progressive experience in a customer service function, programme management, public administration or related area is required.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools e.g. System Application Product (SAP) is required.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds and programs) – or similar international organization or non-governmental organization – in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- Experience in a shared services environment is desirable
- Previous experience in governmental or non-profit organization, preferred is desirable
- Experience developing and implementing processes, procedures, systems and / or standards is desirable
- Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of the quality metrics and customer services metrics, service level agreements and customer survey techniques. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications through the United Nations online portal at the link below.
Deadline: 3rd April 2021