Job Title: Client Services Officer
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 21-Administration-RSCE-150989-R-Entebbe (M))
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Client Services Officer will be responsible for Client Experience strategy implementation, and carry out the following duties:
- Drive the implementation of the Client Service Delivery Model strategy through managing client relationships.
- Review and provide input into drafting of the Service Level Agreements and ensure they are monitored effectively.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality monitoring, call recording and customer insights systems and processes to improve client service.
- Monitor client service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and collaborate with RSCE counterparts to drive strategies to achieve positive customer experience.
- Ensure staff handling the Call Management have the training and tools to meet and exceed customer service expectations
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient client service delivery to all RSCE clients.
- Support the establishment of the RSCE hub-and-spoke model with client missions, working closely with mission counterparts to ensure the Client Support Units are operational.
- Ensure services are delivered to RSCE clients in line with agreed controls and procedures, Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the knowledge management strategy of the Centre as relates to the Client Services Unit.
- Identify improvement opportunities (both system and procedural.)
- Compile information on the KPIs of the Client Service Pillar, for action by the Customer Service Officer (Internal Service).
- Lead the development the call center tools as well as related process documentation and system enhancements.
- Monitor the implementation of the support mechanisms and enabling technologies in close coordination with Regional Communication Information Technology Service (RCITS).
- Ensure communication is effectively delivered and concerns are being addressed appropriately.
- Serve as the point of contact for any case escalations from the Client Service Officers, as well as for complex and VIP queries.
- Manage, oversee the performance and complete performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Oversee time management processes for direct reports. (e.g., time approval, scheduling, etc.)
- Coach and mentor the team to continuously improve performance and achieve individual and team objectives.
- Coordinate and liaise closely with key stakeholders as well as RSCE Management, as appropriate.
- Report on the operational and strategic objectives of inquiry services of the Unit.
- Support recruiting, staffing, and onboarding processes as appropriate.
- Focal Point at the RSCE for co-ordination with client mission Client Support Units (CSU) on client support matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Client Service Officer job placement should hold a first level university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) or Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or related field is required.
- At least 5 years (in combination with a Master’s Degree), or 7 years (in combination with a first level degree) progressive experience in a customer service function, programme management, public administration or related area is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing processes, procedures, systems and / or standards in a client service delivery setting is required
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds and programmes) – or similar international organization or non-governmental organization – in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- Experience in a shared services environment is desirable.
- Languages: fluency in English is required. Knowledge in French is desirable.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of the quality metrics and customer services metrics, service level agreements and customer survey techniques. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications through the United Nations online portal at the link below.
Deadline: 29th April 2021