Job Title: Executive Assistant (CDC) Admin Jobs
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2020-011
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The incumbent serves as the Executive Assistant for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Uganda Country Director and provides a wide range of complex administrative support related to management, administrative, and program coordination. The work portfolio includes responsibilities in wide areas of administrative management, incorporating logistics related to all meetings and events scheduled on the calendar of the Director. Incumbent assists and acts in a confidential capacity to the Country Director regarding organizational matters and must maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties. The incumbent also liaises regularly with the Embassy executive office, senior officials from the Government of Uganda, other executive offices of other U.S. Government (USG) agencies present at post, staff across other programs/offices/branches within CDC Uganda and implementing partners. Incumbent is directly supervised by the Country Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Executive Assistant (CDC) job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- At least five years of progressive work experience providing support to senior-level public health staff; with three of the five years’ experience within US Government, international, or public organizations is required.
- The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of executive level administrative and office support processes is required. In addition, the incumbent must have an understanding of CDC and US Government administrative policies and procedures, protocol issues and the structure and functions of CDC Uganda.
- The incumbent must also have in-depth knowledge of the Government of Uganda operating environment, as well as Ugandan civil society and business environment to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Skills And Abilities: The incumbent must be comfortable working in a highly visible role and communicating with and coordinating the efforts of senior-level USG staff. A high proficiency in both written and oral professional communication is required. The ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced work environment is required. The incumbent is required to possess exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently to develop realistic solutions. The incumbent must be self-motivated and possess the ability to facilitate planning processes. Excellent inter-personal skills are required in order to coordinate with USG and implementing/cooperating partners, and to coordinate and negotiate effectively with host Government. Advanced computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Suite is required (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). The incumbent must be proficient at managing virtual platforms and collaborative workspaces (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint). The incumbent must be able to type 40 wpm. This may be tested
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. This may be tested
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 30th March 2021
“Why Are Young Ugandans going for kyeyo?”-Finance Minister, Matia Kasaija
Quality Assurance Officer Job – Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Quality Manager Job – Mota-Engil Africa