Job Title: Volunteers (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organization: Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U), is a registered not for profit national network with a membership of more than 97 women organizations and individuals. The WHRDN-U, was founded in 2017 by women defenders to promote a feminist holistic approach integrating a gender perspective, focusing on building supportive networks and coordination among WHRDs from diverse social movements and causes in Uganda. Thereby building the capacity for protection of WHRDs, offering protection and emergency response for WHRDs at risk, and Advocacy for protection of WHRDs.
Job Summary: The Volunteer will support WHRDN-U and should be willing to join a growing organization. The incumbent will gain experience in project management at a national feminist organization and take part in promoting the rights and protection of WHRDs as well as raising the visibility of the violence and risks WHRDs face.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop work plans/operationalise plans for the capacity building department
- Facilitate trainings in technical topics, including Feminist Holistic Approach to protection, gender sensitive risk analysis etc.
- Develop clear capacity building work plan with clear objectives and time lines.
- Assisting with organizing workshops, meetings and working group meetings and assist in communication to participants, production and dissemination of agendas and other materials needed
- Establish capacity building periodic meetings for WHRDN-U members on advocacy, needs assessment and protection issues.
- Develop and adapt training materials (handouts, manuals, presentations, etc.) and tools to monitor effectiveness of trainings, including pre and post-tests;
- Work on updating training material, modules and tools, develop facilitation guides, etc. as requested
- Track how capacity building initiatives have translated into real protection for WHRDs.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of concept notes for special trainings, events, conferences,
- Cooperating with the Advocacy and Communications department to implement advocacy activities seeking to enhance the protection of WHRDs.;
- Cooperating with the Protection and Emergency Response Department to implement advocacy activities seeking to enhance the protection of WHRDs.
- Develop relevant work plans (weekly, monthly, & quarterly)
- Provide timely comprehensive reports as stipulated by WHRDN-U.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a university degree in development studies, humanities, social sciences, or related field.
- One year of experience working with an NGO, Women rights Organization, Human Rights Organization with experience working in project management.
- The ideal candidate for the Volunteer vacancy should be conversant implementing a project, comfortable with conducting trainings, public speaking and good writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, concept notes, workplans and budgets
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and learn new concepts quickly
- Collaborative, excellent team player and able to work dynamically and diligently without direct supervision
- Keen interest in women’s rights, fighting against gender-based violence and promoting gender equality
- Result-oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Age: Between 22-30 years
NB: This is a paid volunteer position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interest candidates should send their application letters with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and addressed to the Executive Director and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. OR hand delivery to our physical office;
Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda,
Plot 1789 Old Kira Road Bukoto,
P.O. Box 5272 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 23rd November 2020