Job Title: Yard Officer
Organisation: Platinum Credit (U) Ltd
Duty Station: Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Platinum credit is a leading Regional Micro Finance Company providing emergency loans to employed individuals in Eastern Africa. We have a widespread branch network in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. Platinum Credit (U) Ltd has introduced a new product available to formally employed persons working in the Private Sector. Platinum Credit (U) Ltd is a subsidiary of Platcorp Holdings Ltd.
Job Summary: The Yard Officer will ensure maintenance of accurate inventory records, provide support to the motor vehicle disposal process and to coordinate and maintain a healthy relationship amongst all interested parties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with Auctioneers to ensure all MVs that have been repossessed are properly booked in the yards.
- Carry out physical verification of all MVs stored in the yards across designated regions.
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly reports with regards to MVs stored in the yards within your jurisdiction.
- Ensuring all tracking gadgets have been removed from sold/settled accounts.
- Ensure all insurance stickers that need to be cancelled have been collected and submitted.
- Ensure that all MVs have been valued within 4 days of being booked in the yard.
- Ensure that all repossessed MVs have been cleared, in liaison with the contracted suppliers.
- Ensure that the reserve prices have been printed and clearly posted on each MV immediately after the 1st Advert.
- Ensure that MVs do not stay for more than 60 days in the yard without disposal unless a) The customer is making payments, or b) There is a legal matter awaiting resolution before the courts.
- For instances where the MVs get to be sold, working to ensure that MVs are sold either for amounts equivalent to the reserve price or more.
- Liaising with Collection Officers to ensure release letters are done on time.
- Advising management on such matters as MVs that need a little face lift before disposal, transfer to areas that can fetch better prices etc.
- Negotiating for good rates with respect to storage fees with the yard owners.
- Escalating issues affecting operations in their areas within 24 hours.
- Ensure any legal matter is forwarded to the legal team within 24 hours of occurrence.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Yard Officer job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Valid Driving Permit
- At least one (1) year experience relevant to the position.
- Computer Knowledge.
- Excellent Numerical and Analytical Skills
How to Apply:
To apply, submit your application, detailed CV and testimonials to the address below;
The Human Resource Manager;
Platinum Credit (U) Ltd
Send your application by
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 18th March 2021